Re: Crash & Burn! parisc cd boot failure on 715/80

On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 06:15:10PM -0400, B. Douglas Hilton wrote:
> I burned a cd of the palinux-0.9.2.iso image and attempted to boot it
> using the serial console, but it traps out. Here is the capture:
> Not sure if I should have patched the iso image or not. I will be using
> bootp eventually when I get the aui transciever and cable, but until then
> I would consider burning one more cd image to try if I knew for sure
> what to do.

You should not patch the 0.9.2 ISO - patching the first block to convert
between serial and sti ISOs was only a feature for 0.9.

> Also, how do I set the clock like the docs say to? I don't see any such
> option on the boot admin menu.

Sorry don't know for a 715/80.

I didn't make much sense of your crash messages - looks like it
crashed (HPMC?), then tried to dump the stack from an invalid address
and crashed again in the stack dump code.  Are you still having problems?