Introducing myself to HPC Team (and Debian) -- Sponsor Required

Hello Debian HPC Team,

I have 10 years of experience in application and web development,
mostly in C# .NET and JavaScript at work but in many other things at
home. I have been using GNU/Linux for 15 years (Arch and Debian) and
looking to use my powers for greater good--I am convinced Debian is
that greater good in the way that it unites people and (free) software.

I have various experience with build systems and CI and package
management on the user side but have not done any packaging myself. I
have been browsing through guides and wiki and mailing list archives
for more information on this and the Debian project as a whole. The
documentation is unfortunately scattered but I am finding DebConf
lectures to be useful (and rewarding in the way they contextualize
contributors' work in a way written material doesn't, at least for a
new person like myself).

===

I was looking at WNPP bugs when I came across the RFH for singularity-
container (#1068578). I understand that this package has had a troubled
past due to its short upstream support cycle but with some commitment
to security (from Debian devs especially, per #1029669), it may be
eligible for a stable release.

I have just acquired Kubernetes certifications from the Linux
Foundation last month but I like Singularity's spin on containerization
and their focus on academic/research software development environments.
I have not used Go before but I use closures and coroutines often and
it looks like a good backend language to have on my résumé. I would
have to spend some time on a project or looking at the Go Team's bug
reports before I can be expected to support anything for trixie's full
lifecycle, of course.

===

I would require a sponsor for this or any other package under the HPC
Team's care. So maybe Nilesh and others would prefer I work through
that process under a less consequential package. (Maybe apptainer?[1])
I have a *lot* of free time right now and a Proxmox cluster for
building/testing, so please let me know how I can help get Debian onto
more HPC systems. I haven't looked at the other team packages yet but I
didn't know if any of you were able to sponsor and just wanted to say
hello. (Does my sponsor have to be on the team if they are familiar
with gbp and such?) I will look at Science/Astro teams if it's not
feasible.

My Salsa user is 'xericode'.

Thank you!

mark