Re: condor upload progress

Hi Tim,

Am Thu, Oct 19, 2023 at 03:51:00PM -0500 schrieb Tim Theisen:
> I have made significant progress here.

This is great news!

> On salsa, it builds for both amd64 and i386. It passes most tests.
>
> For piuparts, I understand all the failures and it's mainly not able to even
> install the previous version of condor from Debian. These failures can be
> ignored.

I absolutely agree.

> For reprotest, the differences are only in the debugging symbols. The actual
> code is the same. I am not sure how to address this issue. At least one
> other project had this issue and the elected to dispense with the debugging
> symbols. I don't want to go that route. Does this need to be addressed
> before condor is accepted?

Definitely not.  While we strive for reproducible builds its usually
really hard for the maintainer of complex packages to accomplish this.
I'd vote for ignoring this and hope for contributions by the
reproducibility team since its members have quite some experience how
to read the logs and fix the problems.

> I went over the copyright file, and I need to make a few updates. We are
> getting very close.

This is what I'm most concerned about.  Please expect a long delay in
new queue.  If we get any reject due to missing copyright statements
it might double or triple this delay time.

Thanks a lot for your contribution
   Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de