Re: singularity-container: CVE-2021-33622

Hi Dave,

Am Fri, Feb 18, 2022 at 03:48:51PM +0000 schrieb Dave Love:
> I'm wondering why I'm included, though I was thinking I should offer to
> contribute to Debian.

So may be it fits reality better if you will be removed from that list?
I'm usually very inviting and I'm happy about anybody who joins the fun.
But if you are wondering yourself why you are in here it makes no sense
to list you, thought.

> Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> writes:
>
> > I updated singularity-container in Salsa to the latest available CE
> > release and added some new Build-Depends.  Unfortunately it does not
> > build as you can see in salsa-ci[1].  Any help to get the package build
> > is welcome.  I personally have no idea about Go language nor singularity
> > and really need the help of previous Uploaders / Go team.
>
> [1] is 404 for me, presumably because I don't have access to salsa.

Meanwhile we are some steps further and have some additional ideas.  In
any case it would be great if you could verify that you can view the new
log[3] now (which should be possible annonymously - permissions were set
wrongly before).

In case you want to contribute you are kindly invited to create a salsa
login and I'll happily add you to the project.

> Anyway, is the Fedora packaging any clue
> <https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/singularity/tree/rawhide>?  I know
> it was updated recently, and it includes a patch that isn't in what I
> can see at sources.debian.  (I can interpret .spec files if necessary,
> but that one isn't Fedora-conforming.)  If that helps, it's only fair,
> since I've consulted Debian for Fedora packaging a few times!

:-) Thanks for the hint.  My mail to debian-go mailing list triggered
some progress that will be continued probably after some packages are
upgraded.

> (I originally packaged singularity for Fedora, but subsequently disowned
> it.)

I admit I would love to disown some of my packages but usually I fail. ;-)

Kind regards

      Andreas.

[3] https://salsa.debian.org/hpc-team/singularity-container/-/jobs/2486891

--