Re: Adding copilot

On 2022-10-02 13:54, Ivan Perez wrote:
On 2022-10-01 18:12, Ivan Perez wrote:
Hi Scott,

copilot-language has been in the queue
(https://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html) for 2.5 weeks. From the
outside, I don't know if there has been any activity. It looks like we
are just waiting for someone from the Debian team to accept it, but I
don't know the process in detail.

If so, is it possible to politely ping someone to see if they can help
it move forward?

I just saw that copilot-language is no longer in NEW. Almost there :)

The update of packages in package-plan to versions not in the LTS has
bumped copilot** to 3.11, which brings with it a new package
copilot-interpreter, the result of splitting copilot-core into two
packages.

Given that it takes about 2-3 weeks to get each package accepted, I'm
wondering whether it makes sense to make that change now, or if it's
best to just get copilot-libraries-3.10 and copilot-3.10 into sid
first, and deal with 3.11 and the addition of copilot-interpreter in
the future.

I think the amount of work is pretty much the same, so I'd say let's get the entire stack in at 3.10 and then work on updating and adding the new package?

Working on -libraries now...

Scott