Re: Adding copilot

On 2022-10-01 18:12, Ivan Perez wrote:
Hi Scott,

copilot-language has been in the queue
(https://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html) for 2.5 weeks. From the
outside, I don't know if there has been any activity. It looks like we
are just waiting for someone from the Debian team to accept it, but I
don't know the process in detail.

If so, is it possible to politely ping someone to see if they can help
it move forward?

I just saw that copilot-language is no longer in NEW. Almost there :)

The update of packages in package-plan to versions not in the LTS has bumped copilot** to 3.11, which brings with it a new package copilot-interpreter, the result of splitting copilot-core into two packages.

Given that it takes about 2-3 weeks to get each package accepted, I'm wondering whether it makes sense to make that change now, or if it's best to just get copilot-libraries-3.10 and copilot-3.10 into sid first, and deal with 3.11 and the addition of copilot-interpreter in the future.

What do you think is best?

Ivan