Re: New to Debian Haskell Group

Hello Scott,

Le 04/08/2022 à 17:40, Scott Talbert a écrit :
The DHG operates a bit differently than a lot of other Debian teams in that the team packages track an LTS package set from Stackage. Currently that LTS is 19.15:

Ok, I understand.

In general, the team tries to keep packages consistent with the LTS, but if there's a good reason to move tidal ahead of the LTS, then it could probably be done.  I checked and don't see any other dependencies on tidal in Debian currently.

It would be good to have a fresh version of tidal available on Debian, I'm a tidal user and I follow the upstream releases as much as possible, that's why I install tidal on my system by cabal instead using the Debian package (but I am not sure my case is a good reason enough to move tidal ahead of the LTS).

Just a final note of curiosity, tidal depends on SuperDirt[1] which is no packaged on Debian yet.

[1]: https://github.com/musikinformatik/SuperDirt

Thanks,
--
Joenio Marques da Costa