Re: Would you consider updating the ghc package to version 9 for Bookworm (testing) Debian?

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 7:01 AM Clint Adams <clint@debian.org> wrote:

> possibly update the ghc

While it does not address the mipsel build failure or the request for
version 9+, I have been using a personal backport of that experimental
package (8.10.7-1~exp1) in amd64 on bullseye (stable), where it works
fine. The newer GHC comes with base 4.14, a prerequisite for 'rel8'
(with which I'm playing, currently not deployed).

I'd be happy to make that backport available, if anyone needs it. It
probably beats uninstalling Debian tooling and reaching for ghcup,
which I had otherwise been recommended.

Thanks to everyone for the great Haskell tooling in Debian! The new
lintian.d.o website and hint generator run on it.

Kind regards
Felix Lechner