Re: cabal-debian issues

Hi Frederic,

On Tue, 28 Apr 2020 06:17:14 +0000
PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel <frederic-emmanuel.picca@synchrotron-soleil.fr>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to rebuild all the package of th emaster plan.
>
> so I a using dht make-all
>
> since there is a tansition around bibutils, I need to upgrade this
> package.
>
> so I checkout the package an ran
>
> cabal-debian --official --upgrade
>
> I end up with this patch
>
> ----
>
> -Rules-Requires-Root: no
> -Build-Depends:
> +Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 10),
> + haskell-devscripts-minimal | haskell-devscripts (>= 0.13),
>   cdbs,
> - debhelper (>= 10),
> - ghc (>= 8),
> + ghc,
>   ghc-prof,
> - haskell-devscripts (>= 0.13),
> - libbibutils-dev (>= 6.2),
>   libghc-syb-dev,
>   libghc-syb-prof,
> - pkg-config,
> -Build-Depends-Indep: ghc-doc, libghc-syb-doc
> +Build-Depends-Indep: ghc-doc,
> + libghc-syb-doc,
>  Standards-Version: 4.1.4
>  Homepage: https://github.com/wilx/hs-bibutils
>  Vcs-Browser:
> https://salsa.debian.org/haskell-team/DHG_packages/tree/master/p/haskell-hs-bibutils
> -Vcs-Git: https://salsa.debian.org/haskell-team/DHG_packages.git
> [p/haskell-hs-bibutils] +Vcs-Git:
> https://salsa.debian.org/haskell-team/DHG_packages.git
>
> ----
>
> Ir seems to me that there is at least two issues here.
>
> cabal-debian removed the Rules-Requires-Root: no
> cabal-debian removed in Vcs-Git the  [p/haskell-hs-bibutils]

I'm not sure if it actually solves this problem, but we have a wrapper
around `cabal-debian` with `dht upgrade`. IIRC it does some trickery
with git merges to work around this kind of problem. However, I haven't
touched Haskell packages in quite some time now, so my knowledge here
might be inaccurate or outdated.

Regards
Sven