Re: update the package plan

Hello Fred,

On Fri 24 Apr 2020 at 06:49AM +00, PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel wrote:

> Hello, I will try to work on package plan today, and I would like to help with the experimental branch
>
> so I ran the ./test-package.pl whcih end up with this error.
>

> Cabal install failed:
> Warning: the --global flag is deprecated -- it is generally considered a bad
> idea to install packages into the global store
> cabal: Could not resolve dependencies:
> [__0] next goal: bindings-nettle (user goal)
> [__0] rejecting: bindings-nettle-0.4 (conflict: pkg-config package nettle-any,
> not found in the pkg-config database)
> [__0] rejecting: bindings-nettle-0.3.1, bindings-nettle-0.3,
> bindings-nettle-0.2, bindings-nettle-0.1.1, bindings-nettle-0.1,
> bindings-nettle-0.0 (constraint from command line flag requires (==0.4))
> [__0] fail (backjumping, conflict set: bindings-nettle)
> After searching the rest of the dependency tree exhaustively, these were the
> goals I've had most trouble fulfilling: bindings-nettle
>

> should I undertand that it failed because it can not find the pkg-config dependency  nettle  with pkg-config.
>
> and what is the proper way to fix this issue.

I get a different error when I try to test the package plan, which makes
me suspect that the problem is your local configuration.  Please try
running the package plan in a clean sid chroot and see what happens
then.  This is my config, since you use propellor:
https://git.spwhitton.name/propellor/tree/src/Propellor/Property/SiteSpecific/SPW.hs#n575

--
Sean Whitton