Re: new upcoming Pandoc dependency

Hi Jonas,

On Sun, Nov 25, 2018 at 06:14PM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> > I now package HsYAML myself (see bug#914000).  If someone in the team
> > feel that package is better handled as part of the big set maintained
> > syncronously, then feel free to take over its maintenance.

You are right, HsYAML should probably be maintained by the Debian
Haskell team. Would you like to commit that to DHG_packages, or point me
to the current repo and I can do it myself.

> > Upgrading Pandoc need these additional two changes:
> >
> >  * haddock-library >= 1.6
> >  * hslua >= 1.0.1
>
> Anyone feel like updating haddock-library and hslua?

Unfortunately, we have not yet finished with the LTS 12.10 transition.

In addition, it seems that even the latest LTS-12.19 contains
haddock-library-1.5.0.1 and hslua-0.9.5.2 [1]. This indicates that there
are some incompatibilities between LTS 12 and newer versions of the
above libraries. Do you think that we can stay with the current version
of Pandoc for buster, and upgrade once LTS 13 gets released?

Best,

--
Ilias