Introduction

Hi everyone,

My name is Marko and I just subscribed to the Debian Haskell list. With
this email I'd like to see what's the state of Haskell support in
Debian and provide help.

As far as I can tell, this list has a dozen or so members and it
doesn't seem too active. Am I right?

I'd like to help with maintaining and adding new Haskell packages to
Debian. A couple of years ago I was attempting to package a few C++
tools (from the software verification field), but failed to finish with
that due to lack of upstream support in getting some adjustments and
fixes.

Recently I started getting payed for writing code in Haskell, which
also made me think at what state is support for Haskell development in
Debian. This of course includes the basics such as the Haskell
platform, but also things like an IDE and supporting tools. In
particular, to my mind come Stack, Haskell IDE Engine and the Atom
editor, which I'd like to see packaged for Debian and I will like to
work on that. I guess I'll also contribute to these projects upstream
while on packaging them for Debian.

Eventually, I also want to package Idris, a dependently typed
functional language [1] that is implemented in Haskell. I've made a
tiny contribution to Idris and have been learning it for a year now.

If you have any comments or ideas, I'd be happy to hear them.

[1] http://idris-lang.org/

--
Regards,
Marko Dimjašević <marko@dimjasevic.net>