Re: alioth/salsa

Hello team,

I plan to do the alioth -> salsa migration over the weekend. Here, I
will try to describe the steps needed. Please take a look and let me
know if something doesn't look right.

* Create a group in Salsa for the Haskell Debian Team.

  The current name of the group in Alioth is `pkg-haskell`. Salsa
  enforces groups to a '-team' suffix, so we have the following two
    - pkg-haskell-team
    - haskell-team

  There has been a discussion about the naming of the groups in
  Salsa[1], but there is not a clear policy yet. Having a glance at the
  names used so far[2], it seems that most teams have used the second
  format (e.g, pkg-ocaml-maint -> ocaml-team, pkg-nvidia -> nvidia-team,
  pkg-php -> php-team, etc.). If there are no objections, I will go with
  `haskell-team`.

  [1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2017/12/msg00428.html
  [2] https://salsa.debian.org/explore/groups

* Add project members to the new team.

  Users should request access to the new team by using the Salsa UI.
  I do not plan to migrate users from Alioth, for now. Every DD on the
  group will have the role "master", whereas everyone else will have the
  role "developer". This is the scheme followed by the "Debian" group as
  well.

* Disable bug tracker on Salsa.

  We do not want to allow users to open bugs on Salsa. We have BTS for
  that. If I understand correctly, this should be disabled by default,
  but I am writing it here so I won't forget to check.

* Enable email notifications on push.

  Configure Salsa to email the commits and diff of each push to
  "pkg-haskell-commits@lists.alioth.debian.org".

* Migrate repos from Alioth.

  Currently, the team on Alioth has the following repos:
    https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-haskell/

  From these, the following will be migrated:
    - DHG_packages
    - dh-haskell
    - haskell-devscripts
    - package-plan
    - pkg-haskell-tools
    - tools

  The following seem to be stale (merged to DHG_packages), and will not
  be migrated:
    - agda
    - agda-bin
    - allpackages
    - hothasktags
    - moved-to-darcs/*

  The rest have mostly one maintainer, and I am not sure whether their
  maintainer want to do the migration themselves. If you want me to
  migrate any of the following please do tell me:
    - bustle
    - haskell-intern
    - haskell-swish
    - pandoc

  Am I forgetting any?

* Update packages with new VCS information.

* Lock repos on Alioth after migration.

  A `pre-receive` git hook will be used, which will point to the new
  repo. See `/git/pkg-postgresql/postgresql-common.git/hooks/pre-receive`
  on Alioth for an example of such a lock.

* Use anonscm rewrite map to redirect traffic to Salsa.

  For more information about this, see
  https://salsa.debian.org/salsa/AliothRewriter.

* Update our wiki to point to the new VCS.

* Update `haskell-package-plan` on Jenkins.

Is there anything else I am missing?

--
Ilias