Re: Team naming policy on salsa.debian.org

On Mon, Dec 25, 2017 at 11:45:37AM +0100, Alexander Wirt wrote:

> Teams
> -----
>
> For larger projects you can also create a group to host your projects.
> To avoid clashes with usernames (that share the same namespace as
> groups) we are requiring groups to have a '-team' suffix to their
> name.  Groups can be created using the same self-service portal
> https://signup.salsa.debian.org.  For larger, already-established
> teams it is also possible to ask us to create the group with a name
> not conforming to the normal team namespace. Examples are teams like
> *debian-qa*.  Please create an issue in the support[1] project.

Is there a policy here? I'm seeing a mix of formats rather than any
consistency. For example for keyring-maint should we request
debian-keyring as a group, or just use keyring-team? DSA and ftp-master
have gone for the latter (dsa-team + ftp-team) but I'd assumed the
former was more appropriate for an official Debian entity.

Likewise for pkg-electronics I was expecting pkg-electronics-team (to
match, e.g., pkg-suricata-team) but I see things like libvirt-team as
well so the pkg- prefix doesn't seem to be consistently used/unused.

Guidance appreciated. I don't want to make an effort to move over and
update URLs etc only to have to do so a second time because the team
name wasn't of the correct format.

J.

--
   101 things you can't have too   |  .''`.  Debian GNU/Linux Developer
    much of : 50 - Escalators.     | : :' :  Happy to accept PGP signed