Re: ungrade pandoc

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 07:00:27PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> Quoting Sean Whitton (2017-07-18 18:44:20)
> > On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 05:51:22PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> > > dep-wait? Where is that documented so I can learn more?
> >
> > I believe Gianfranco means: confirm the Haskell part of the package is
> > actually buildable using (e.g.) `dht build-all`, and then do a
> > source-only upload.
>
> I guess "dht build-all" downloads sources not yet in debian and builds
> all build-dependencies as unofficial packages locally.  No, I find that
> to be cheating: I will upload source-only package when I have
> succesfully built in a purely Debian unstable envirenment.
>
> Also, I find it to be too heavy a task with no real gain except timing:
> all build-dependencies need to be ready officially in any case.

Sorry, I misled you.  dht does not download anything extra, so it's
basically a shortcut around slow buildds.  And it builds more than just
the Haskell part.

The thing that *does* build with non-Debian components, and tests only
the Haskell parts of the package, is building directly with cabal or stack.

--
Sean Whitton