Re: Haskell stack tool

Dear Fede,

Am Freitag, den 12.05.2017, 14:54 +0200 schrieb Federico Beffa:
> The version of 'stack' currently available on testing is 1.1.2 which
> was released about 1 year ago.  In the mean time there was a lot of
> progress and the current version is 1.4.0.  I'm wondering if there is
> any chance that 'stack' will be upgraded to a more recent version
> before release.

unfortunately, Debian is in a freeze right now, and only bugfixes
should be uploaded in packages that are in the future stable release
(i.e. testing), so our hands are bound. As soon as the release is done,
we will of course update stack together with everything else.

But stack is pretty good in updating itself, isn’t it? So this should
be less of a problem for stack than for other tools. (Not that it is
proper Debian guideline to recommend updating to software from other
sources, but with the release process of Debian as it is – what can you
do?)

Joachim “nomeata” Breitner
Debian Developer
  nomeata@debian.org • https://people.debian.org/~nomeata