Re: Request to Join Project pkg-haskell from Mike Gabriel (sunweaver)

Hi Joachim,

On  Mi 03 Mai 2017 16:36:12 CEST, Joachim Breitner wrote:

Hi Mike,

Am Dienstag, den 02.05.2017, 14:54 +0000 schrieb
noreply@alioth.debian.org:
Mike Gabriel (sunweaver) has requested to join your project.
You can approve this request here: https://alioth.debian.org/project/
admin/users.php?group_id=31040

Comments by the user:
Hi,

I have just packaged and uploaded two minor Haskell packages: tree-
monad and parallel-tree-search. Both packages should rest on the
Haskell group's Git, I suppose.

So this is my request to get access granted. Thanks a lot,

welcome!

What made you package these two libraries?

They are build-dependencies of the KiCS2 Curry Compiler development at my computer science institute which I plan to bring to Debian.

We generally try to package only libraries that are also part of
stackage, as packages that are not in Stackage tend to be of lower
upstream quality or maintenance.

This is good to know. The upstream maintainer of both packages (haskell-tree-monad and haskell-parallel-tree-search) is also a former colleague of mine. He just let me know that he would like to pass on upstream maintenance of both projects. The new upstream maintainer will be my department head Prof. Dr. Michael Hanus at Kiel University.

The Haskell Group has a few under-documented procedures and practices,
it might take a while to get used to it. In any case, don’t be shy and
ask on IRC or on the mailing list.

As the KiCS2 Curry Compiler is a Curry2Haskell compiler, I will get a bit more involved with Debian Haskell issues in the near and far future. Indeed. I'll get in touch on (#)debian-haskell (IRC/ML) if any questions arise. Please feel free to teach me stuff, whenever you think its desperately needed. Highly appreciated!

I suggest you read through the information at
https://wiki.debian.org/Haskell and subscribe to all three mailinglists
mentioned there.

I subscribed to debian-haskell ML for now, the Alioth list is probably to noisy for now.

Greetings
Joachim

Greetings back,
Mike

--

mike gabriel aka sunweaver (Debian Developer)
mobile: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31
mail: sunweaver@debian.org, http://sunweavers.net