Re: GHC 8.0.2

Hello

>ok, I was fearing something like that. I very much assume that we can
>just bump the bounds, but it would require sourceful uploads, and hence
>a proper transition to testing. We should explain the situation to
>d-release. Does anyone want to do that?

I asked on -release irc channel

<LocutusOfBorg> hello release team / pochu :)
<LocutusOfBorg> there is a new ghc release 8.0.2, that might fix the two RC bugs open
<LocutusOfBorg> it might be considered a transition, because some bounds have changed, and some sourceful uploads are needed
<RT> hmm, so is it three binnmus or more than that?
<RT> what sourceful uploads?
<RT> it'd be good to know that beforehand
<RT> e.g. prepare it in experimental or locally first, see how many packages need a rebuild
<RT> if it's what you say then it sounds good to me, but it'd be good to make sure first
<RT> I can also do the transition in Ubuntu and show it to you :p
<RT> all the three packages are leaf, so I don't expect much breakage here
<RT> LocutusOfBorg: oh if they are leaf that's better
<RT> not sure why binnmus would be needed then though
<RT> LocutusOfBorg: yes feel free to quote anything
<LocutusOfBorg> binNMUs won't be needed, sourceful uploads will

I think I'll upload on Ubuntu and see what happens :)

G.