Re: GHC 8.0.2

Hello Joachim,

>I guess we want GHC-8.0.2 in unstable, and hopefully in stretch – or is
>there a reason not to do that?

quoting upstream [1]

"Compatibility fixes with macOS Sierra and recent Linux distributions.
Many, many bug fixes.
A bug has been fixed that caused standalone derived Ix instances to fail for GADTs with exactly one constructor (Trac #12583).
Interface files produced by GHC should now be deterministic."

well, some determinism might be nice to have :)

I'm doing a test build on debomatic [2] and attaching the debian tarball here
(note: many patches have been dropped because of already applied, the pic patch wasn't appplying cleanly, but
since it was an upstream cherry-pick, I dropped it)

changelog needs update and I didn't commit on git.

I can upload it on Ubuntu to see how it goes if somebody complains :)

BTW, how do you feel about cabal-debian upload? (somebody requested it days ago) [3]

[1] http://downloads.haskell.org/~ghc/8.0.2/docs/html/users_guide/8.0.2-notes.html
[2]
http://debomatic-amd64.debian.net/distribution#unstable/ghc/8.0.2-1/buildlog
[3]