dh-haskell chokes on unknown files

Greetings,

I just noticed that dh-haskell fails to install data files declared in
the .cabal file with the message "Unhandled file: <data file here>".
While searching for the cause of this, I found that dh-haskell rejects
all files it doesn't know about with this message .

While I think the failure to install data files is just a bug I could
quickly fix by teaching dh-haskel to handle them properly, I still like
to give others the opportunity to speak up before I change (yet to
become) core build tools.

I further think that handling unknown files with a failure isn't good,
as it is prone to fail on packages which install exotic kinds of files.
Just writing out a warning or completely ignoring unknown files would
IMO be a better solution, as it allows installing such files with
dh_install. But I also think that Dmitry might have had a special
reason for handling unknown files this way. Could you please give some
input on that?

Regards
Sven