Re: Which version of ghc will stretch have?

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 09.09.2016, 19:24 +1000 schrieb Erik de Castro Lopo:
> Clint Adams wrote:
>

> > There's still an annoying number of packages which are incompatible
> > with 8.0.  Unless things like
> > https://github.com/ekmett/recursion-schemes/issues/21 are addressed
> > in the next month or two, I fear we're going to be stuck with
> > 7.10.
>
> I wonder if its not time for Debian to ship more than one major version
> of the compiler? Personally I like to have at least the last there major
> releases of GHC on all me development machine.

I actually meant to work on that, but did not get around to do it. It
should not be hard. So if someone feels like making GHC versions co-
installable, fell encouraged to start working on it, and upload a "ghc-
8.0" package to unstable.

Joachim “nomeata” Breitner
Debian Developer
  nomeata@debian.org • https://people.debian.org/~nomeata