Re: tf-random id weirdness

Am Sat, 09 Jul 2016 11:00:41 -0400
schrieb "Edward Z. Yang" <ezyang@cs.stanford.edu>:

> OK, well, you can still get the ABI of a package in all cases
> (it's just not in the ID anymore.)  Something like:
>
> ezyang@sabre:~$ ghc-pkg field base-4.9.0.0 abi
> abi: 5e731f0a06895b09ada57a6853a117b3

I pushed new commits to the short-ids branch, which should use this
mechanism and not depend on parsing the ids at all.

I didn't test these changes as much as I had liked, but I won't to it
today and I think I won't be able to do it over the weekend, as I will
be travelling back from DebConf during that time, so if someone else
wants to do it, feel free. If not, I will do it when I'm home again.

The branch also contains a split of haskell-devscripts into
haskell-devscripts and haskell-devscripts-nocolour, which makes
bootstrapping new architectures easier. Packages which are
build-dependencies of hscolour can now depend on
haskell-devscripts-nocolour without introducing a dependency cycle.
This means ghc can use haskell-devscripts instead of duplicating its
functionality and hscolour itself can be changed to depend on
-nocolour, so it can be easier bootstrapped.

Regards
Sven