Re: tf-random id weirdness

Hi,

Am Montag, den 04.07.2016, 17:27 +0200 schrieb Sven Bartscher:
> When I was was testing if my changes to haskell-devscripts apply to
> ghc, I noticed that GHC has its own copies of Dh_haskell.sh and
> dh_haskell_provides. Is this really necessary? I think it's really
> inconvenient and a dependency on haskell-devscripts would be more
> appropriate.

There is a reason: It is very convenient to have haskell-devscripts
depend on things like hscolour (instead of having _every_ haskell
package build-depend on it).

But this means that haskell-devscripts should not be a built-dependency
of ghc, otherwise bootstrapping gets tricky.

Maybe with build profiles it is less of a issue these days.

Joachim “nomeata” Breitner
Debian Developer
  nomeata@debian.org • https://people.debian.org/~nomeata
  XMPP: nomeata@joachim-breitner.de • GPG-Key: 0xF0FBF51F