DHG newbie

Hi all,

I've recently requested to join pkg-haskell, Joachim Breitner kindly
approved my request (thank you!) and asked to write to that mailing list
to introduce myself. My name is Lev Lamberov, currently I am a
non-uploading DD, but I plan to do a kind of "privilege escalation"
later. Currently I maintain (via sponsors) only two packages in Debian:
mdp (source package is mdp-src) and swi-prolog (adopted it).

I learned a bit of Haskell in 2013, but had no chance to deepen my
knowledge. Hope, participation in DHG will help with that. Mainly I'm
interested in xmonad (which I use exclusively since 2013), and I'd like
to see more xmonad related packages in Debian (especially,
xmonad-extra). I've went through DHG page in Debian wiki and prepared my
first Haskell-Debian package, xmonad-wallpaper
(https://hackage.haskell.org/package/xmonad-wallpaper), which is rather
trivial, but helped me to study DHG process. And I already have several
questions.

1. I'm getting errors while running test-packages.pl, even without
adding my package to packages.txt. So, should I just edit the txt-file
and commit in this situation?

2. As I understand I just have to push debian/ of my package to
DHG_packages with UNRELEASED and ask for a sponsor, right?

Regards,
Lev Lamberov