Re: Are pkg-haskell-tools, haskell-stack, haskell-cabal-install, cabal-debian meant to build in unstable?

Dear Michael,

Am Mittwoch, den 17.02.2016, 07:50 +0000 schrieb Michael Tautschnig:
> Dear Haskell Team,
>
> I'm facing some repeated FTBFS of the above packages, with:
>
> cabal-debian:
>  -> Considering build-dep libghc-optparse-applicative-dev (<< 0.12)
>       Tried versions: 0.12.0.0-1
>    -> Does not satisfy version, not trying
> haskell-cabal-install:
>  -> Considering build-dep libghc-zlib-dev (<< 0.6)
>       Tried versions: 0.6.1.1-1
>    -> Does not satisfy version, not trying
> haskell-stack:
>  -> Considering build-dep libghc-aeson-dev (<< 0.10)
>       Tried versions: 0.10.0.0-3
>    -> Does not satisfy version, not trying
> pkg-haskell-tools:
>  -> Considering build-dep libghc-debian-dev (<< 3.88)
>       Tried versions: 3.89-1+b1
>    -> Does not satisfy version, not trying
>
> Before spamming you with RC bugs: are all of these expected for some reason, or
> do they actually need updating? (I note that all of them have migrated to
> testing.)

these do need updating. As they are binaries, and not libraries, they
don’t break if dependencies upgrade (i.e. the binary package is still
usable), and they fall off the radar somewhat, but this is definitely a
RC bug.

Greeting,

Joachim “nomeata” Breitner
Debian Developer