Re: Which version of ghc will stretch have?

On Sat, Oct 22, 2016 at 09:00:40PM +0200, Iustin Pop wrote:
> Sorry for the late reply, but what does here "obsolete" and BROKEN mean?

"obsolete" is a lie to keep test-packages.pl from freaking out, and BROKEN
was just a note that work was needed.

> > hledger-ui 0.27.5 binary obsolete # BROKEN - GHC8 (vty)
> > hledger-web 0.27 binary obsolete # BROKEN - GHC8
> > shelltestrunner 1.3.5 binary key notest obsolete # BROKEN - GHC8 (HUnit)
>
> I'd be interested to keep these three in, especially the last one. Where
> should I start?

shelltestrunner is already fixed (except for a MIPS failure related to the PIE
issues we're discussing).

hledger-ui may already be fixed, but we need to wait for the ftp-master
maintenance to end before the buildds confirm it.

hledger-web also may already be fixed, but we have some yesod-related
failure to deal with before we can confirm that as well.

You could for instance go to https://buildd.debian.org/status/architecture.php?a=amd64&suite=experimental
then click on haskell-hledger-web, and click through the dependency
chain until you get to something that needs resolution.