Re: Which version of ghc will stretch have?

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 08.09.2016, 23:23 +0000 schrieb Clint Adams:
> On Thu, Sep 08, 2016 at 06:32:05PM -0400, Brian Sammon wrote:
> >
> > So, my question is: Can I/someone reasonably predict which version
> > of ghc will be in stretch?  I assume it'll be either 7.10 or
> > 8.0.  I'm guessing it will be 8.0.  Can I be pretty confident in
> > that guess, or is it too soon to tell?
>
> There's still an annoying number of packages which are incompatible
> with 8.0.  Unless things like
> https://github.com/ekmett/recursion-schemes/issues/21 are addressed
> in the next month or two, I fear we're going to be stuck with
> 7.10.

or we have to remove packages a bit more aggressively. Packages that
are still not compatible with 8.0 do likely not have an active enough
maintainer for our standards.

This in in particular has been fixed.

We should at least start staging in the repo and/or experimental (but
it is easy to say for me who has been inactive the last few months…
(besides scheduling binNMUs))

At this point: Thanks a lot Clint for taking the lead lately!

Joachim “nomeata” Breitner
Debian Developer
  nomeata@debian.org • https://people.debian.org/~nomeata
  XMPP: nomeata@joachim-breitner.de • GPG-Key: 0xF0FBF51F