Re: Which version of ghc will stretch have?

On Fri, Oct 07, 2016 at 07:34:26PM +0000, Clint Adams wrote:
> Things look a lot better now:

So I actually think this is viable, with two main blockers:

1) Every -doc package generated by ghc 8.0.1-3 has lintian errors
   because of <script> tags linking to cdn.mathjax.org.
   ghc 8.0.0.20160111-1's changelog mentions this exact issue, and
   ghc-doc still has a libjs-mathjax dependency, so someone will
   have to figure out what went wrong and fix it.

2) esqueleto needs to be patched to work with persistent 2.6.  This
   will break git-annex and so git-annex will have to be patched as
   well.  It would be better if this could be fixed upstream so we
   don't end up breaking API compatibility, but that doesn't seem to
   be happening.

#1 is currently blocking the building and upload of a handful of
necessary packages to NEW.

Otherwise it's a matter of patching or removing (and all the reverse
dependencies of) things like haskell-csv-conduit, anything with
"haskelldb" in the name, haskell-hsh, haskell-iso8601-time,
haskell-glib, haskell-polynomial, haskell-http-link-header, hasktags,
haskell-cabal-helper, haskell-css-text, and dealing with any
arch-specific failures.

Anyone want to do these things?