Re: Computing resources for DHG work

Hi,

Am Montag, den 30.05.2016, 13:11 +0900 schrieb Sean Whitton:
> Dear Joachim,
>
> On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 08:43:52PM +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > minor correction. Our packaging does not use parallelism of
> > the.compiler
>
> Is this fixable?

likely. I twill require arch-dependent code (as we can only parallize
on architectures with a threaded runtime) and I would be very worried
about ABI hashes become more unstable. Currently, a Debian revision
upload of a source package with no source changes does not change the
ABIs.

Also, the need is not so urgent; parallism on the package level is
quite nice already.

Joachim “nomeata” Breitner
Debian Developer
  nomeata@debian.org • https://people.debian.org/~nomeata