Re: Stackage LTS 6.0, GHC-8.0, the freeze

Hi,

Am Montag, den 23.05.2016, 21:04 +0200 schrieb Iustin Pop:
> This suits us quite well. Here is what I propose:
> >
> >  * We busily update packages to Stackage nightly, and upload to
> > unstable.
> >  * When LTS 6 is released, we upgrade packages to that, and then freeze
> >    Haskell, so that is stabilizes and migrates to testing.
> Quick question: does this mean that we'll skip LTS 5? I.e., should
> packages be kept at LTS 4 until we move to LTS 6?

Yes, we skip LTS 5.

Stackage nightly is what becomes LTS 6, so we no longer have to stay
with LTS 4.

> > Question: How close are we to getting the current set of packages
> > into
> > testing? Should we wait for that (possibly staging the next set of
> > uploads in our git repository?)
> Just got a ton of notifications :)

Indeed, I was caught by surprise as well. I believe we have to thank
Clint for that.

Joachim “nomeata” Breitner
Debian Developer
  nomeata@debian.org • https://people.debian.org/~nomeata