Re: ghc internal error building http-link-header on powerpc

On Sun, May 15, 2016 at 02:25:14PM +1000, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> James McCoy wrote:
>
> > Would anyone be able to look into this[0] and/or forward to upstream?
> >
> > [2 of 4] Compiling Network.HTTP.Link.Writer ( library/Network/HTTP/Link/Writer.hs, dist-ghc/build/Network/HTTP/Link/Writer.o )
> > ghc: internal error: scavenge: unimplemented/strange closure type 2565 @ 0xf1b86304
> >     (GHC version 7.10.3 for powerpc_unknown_linux)
> >     Please report this as a GHC bug:  http://www.haskell.org/ghc/reportabug
>
> This builds fine on my machine (PowerMac G5 with 10G of RAM). Building
> and running the tests was also fine.
>
> Does anyone know the specs of the PowerPC build machines being used to
> build these packages?

The build happened on powerpc-osuosl-01.debian.org.  According to the
machines db[0], that's a power8 processor.

[0]: https://db.debian.org/machines.cgi?host=powerpc-osuosl-01

I also tried building on partch.debian.org[1], which was able to compile
the library itself but then got stuck (no output for >30 minutes) trying
to compile one of the test modules.

[1]: https://db.debian.org/machines.cgi?host=partch

Hope that info helps.

Cheers,