ghc internal error building http-link-header on powerpc

Would anyone be able to look into this[0] and/or forward to upstream?

[2 of 4] Compiling Network.HTTP.Link.Writer ( library/Network/HTTP/Link/Writer.hs, dist-ghc/build/Network/HTTP/Link/Writer.o )
ghc: internal error: scavenge: unimplemented/strange closure type 2565 @ 0xf1b86304
    (GHC version 7.10.3 for powerpc_unknown_linux)
    Please report this as a GHC bug:  http://www.haskell.org/ghc/reportabug

[0]: https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=haskell-http-link-header&arch=powerpc&ver=1.0.1-1&stamp=1462296619

I tried reproducing on the available powerpc porterbox (partch) and the
compilation succeeded but testing ran into different issues (an
indefinite hang, iirc).  Clint suggested removing “-threaded -fhpc” from
the cabal file to see if that helped, but I just got different failures.

These failures are preventing (through a chain of dependencies)
github-backup from migrating to testing, which is going to cause it to
get autoremoved.

Cheers,
--
James