Re: package-plan is failing (was: Request to Join Project pkg-haskell from Ilias Tsitsimpis (iliastsi-guest))

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 10.05.2016, 22:57 +0300 schrieb Ilias Tsitsimpis:
> sounds good to me. That said, Stackage currently doesn't provide
> language-python[1], so I will go ahead and update it.

yes, if a package is not on Stackage, then we just update it. But you
should talk to upstream and suggest that it gets added to Stackage.

> When I tried to rerun the package-plan today, it failed. At first, I
> thought it was me doing something wrong, but then package-plan also
> broke in Jenkins[2]. I couldn't understand why as there were no new
> commits on package-plan. It turns out that the propellor[3] package
> was
> updated yesterday and it now uses the haskell-devscripts in order to
> be built. This means that package-plan now recognizes the propellor
> package as missing from the packages.txt file. As far as I can tell,
> this is the first package maintained outside of DHG that uses the
> haskell-devscripts. Do we add it to the packages.txt file?

There are more; git-annex for example, and to some extend pandoc and
agda (DHG is listed as the maintainer, but they have their code
separately, and pandoc is usually only touched by Jonas).

But yes: Add it to the package.txt. This way, we would notice if an
upgrade by us would break propellor.

Gruß,

Joachim “nomeata” Breitner
Debian Developer