Re: Automatic dbgsym packages for Haskell binaries (Was: Are pkg-haskell-tools, haskell-stack, haskell-cabal-install, cabal-debian meant to build in unstable?)

Hello,

On Thu, Mar 03, 2016 at 11:17:25PM +0100, Sven Bartscher wrote:
> I noticed that dh creates automatic dbgsym packages for binaries, but
> lintian complains that they don't actually contain any debug symbols.
> Does GHC compile with debug symbols? If not we should probably just
> disable the automatic creation of dbgsym packages for Haskell binaries.

This page [1] and this (old) ML post [2] suggest that GHC can't compile
with debug symbols.

[1] https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Debugging/CompiledCode
[2] https://mail.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2011-April/091004.html

--