Re: Packaging Haskell applications

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 09.04.2016, 08:37 -0700 schrieb Sean Whitton:
> I'd like to package a few Haskell applications (stylish-haskell;
> dash-haskell).  Are these to be included in DHG's repos with DHG as the
> Maintainer:, or is that only for libraries and non-leaf packages like
> alex and happy?
>
> I know that git-annex, for example, is not part of DHG but I'm not sure
> if that's the recommended practice for new packages.

it depends. What fraction of the maintenance work will be Haskell-
packaging related?

If it is a package with many non-Haskell users that will file bugs that
need to be reproduced and narrowed down, with knowledge of the
particular application, then the non-Haskell-related workload is high,
and it makes sense for you to maintain them yourself. Of course we are
around to help.

If it is a low maintenance package and most time will be spend updating
the build-depends as new versions come out, it could live under the DHG
umbrella. Also, if it becomes a build-dependency of “our” packages.

But generally, I suggest the former: Individual maintainers who feel
responsible and are responsive.

Joachim “nomeata” Breitner
Debian Developer
  nomeata@debian.org • https://people.debian.org/~nomeata