RE:add libffi

> libffi has seen one upload to hackage from 5 years ago, and none since,
> and is not part of Stackage. Are you sure this is of distribution-level
> quality?

The problem is that nothing else exist in order to read hdf5 packages...
These is only one library for this bindings-ffi.

> Same for bindings-hdf5, where the bug tracker is 404; it seems the
> project moved.

Yet you can find it on github[1]  now

[1] https://github.com/mokus0/bindings-hdf5

> We try to get away from maintaining packages that are not part of
> stackage. Maybe you can ask the authors to update the package, fix the
> metadata and join stackage?
> http://www.stackage.org/authors

It would be great to have an updated bindings-hdf5 package into stackage.
I would like to test if I can do what I want with it before uploading into Debian.

> Anyways, I have added you to the group. Welcome!

thanks a lot.

Is it possible for me to put these packages into the repository but keep them UNRELEASE until we can considere that it is ready for upload into Debian.
Maybe it will never be the case, but  at lease we will have tracability for these packages.
Is there a sort of wip space for package like this (not yet ready or almost abandonned)

Cheers

Fred

Joachim “nomeata” Breitner
Debian Developer