Re: Bootstrapping alex

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 22.12.2015, 15:35 +0100 schrieb John Paul Adrian
Glaubitz:
> On 12/22/2015 03:21 PM, Colin Watson wrote:
> > I don't think this is actually a problem in practice because hscolour is
> > in ghc's Build-Depends-Indep, not Build-Depends.  Perhaps Adrian forgot
> > to use dpkg-buildpackage -B rather than -b?
>
> I didn't forgot -B but I had to do a full-source build as I had to add
> local patches to fix the build on sparc64 so I could upload it to the
> unreleased suite (a very common usecase).

but why don’t you then build it regularly on amd64 to do the full
source upload, and then do a -b build on sparc64, and then upload both
changes?

Or do a source-only upload of the sources, a -b build on sparc64, and
let the arch all autobuilder take care of the rest?

So many options these days :-)