Re: [DHG_packages] 01/01: add haskell-maybet 0.1.2

> Am Montag, den 21.12.2015, 18:28 +0300 schrieb Dmitry Bogatov:
>> * Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> [2015-12-21 15:57:46+0100]
>> > Hi Dmitry,
>> >=20
>> > just checking: Why do you re-add maybet? It was just removed from
>> > the
>> > archive a few days ago:=A0https://bugs.debian.org/807768
>> Just because it is in packages.txt.=20
>
> Not any more:
> $ grep MaybeT packages.txt=A0
> and before, it was marked as "obsolete", which is the tag for something
> that is packaged, but scheduled to be removed.

I looked at output of test-packages.pl. I should read packages.txt too.
My bad.

>> Also, I would like to discuss following points:
>> * `stack` in out packages.txt is 0.1.8.*, but
>> new version is 0.1.10.*. Shouldn't we upgrade to lts-3.18?
> Yes, once the current migration is over. We can of course already start
> planning upgrading to LTS 3.18 in the package plan.

So I can upgrade plan to 3.18 and start commiting changes for
stack-0.1.10 to master, right?

> Are you suggesting to stop maintaining any library that is not strictly
> necessary as a build dependency of a program written in Haskell?

Correct.

> I have thought about this, and it is definitely worth considering. On
> the other hand, the better our processes are, the less expensive it is
> to just provide a few extra libraries as well.

To develop in haskell with debian-provided, up-to-date libraries, I have
to follow sid. I would prefer to not.

In current state, libghc-text-icu-dev depends on libicu55, which depends
on gcc-5, which is can of worms, which I would rather not open.

> Note that a large number of our packages are indeed required as
> dependencies of executables such as gitit or git-annex.

Then we must maintain them, sure.

--
Accept: text/plain, text/x-diff