Re: [DHG_packages] 01/01: add haskell-maybet 0.1.2

* Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> [2015-12-21 15:57:46+0100]
> Hi Dmitry,
>
> just checking: Why do you re-add maybet? It was just removed from the
> archive a few days ago: https://bugs.debian.org/807768

Just because it is in packages.txt. As I understand, we are moving
to package everything in packages.txt. Please, revert my patch and
remove maybet from packages.txt.

Also, I would like to discuss following points:

  * `stack` in out packages.txt is 0.1.8.*, but
     new version is 0.1.10.*. Shouldn't we upgrade to lts-3.18?

  * Why should we follow stackage, instead of keeping only
    packages, needed for executables, like Go team do?

    Inevitable we are lagging behind, and mere mortal, like me, who
    lives in stable/backports, can't get benefits of packaging, that
    happens in sid.

    In pre-stack times, it was clear, why maintainace by DHG is good
    thing: cabal is unreliable, and debian packages are rock-solid.
    But now stack is reliable also.

--
Accept: text/plain, text/x-diff