Re: propellor ITA RFS

Hello,

Thank you very much for taking a look at my package :)

I got a bunch of e-mails from the FTP-masters this morning telling me
the upload failed because the orig.tar was missing.  I'm attaching it to
this e-mail in case that helps.  And I've pushed a pristine-tar branch
to my repo that should be able to reproduce it.

On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 08:50:29AM +0000, PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel wrote:
> Now the propellor package is quite special because it embed a git
> repository which is created during the build process.  So it sees to
> me that the full propellor git repository is requested in order to
> create the package.  I o not know if this is possible with the
> current DHG git repository.

Don't worry: Joey's Makefile handles this.  It puts a single-commit
version of the repository in /usr/src/propellor.  I've tested my package
and it all works.

On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 10:53:58AM +0100, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> I’d also prefer if this package was maintained outside of the DHG
> repository and group. We are good with packaging a lot of similar
> simple packages with little individual care, but not with packaging
> complex packages that need special care. The latter – and propellor is
> one of them – are better taken care of by a single motivated
> maintainer.
>
> Of course, d-haskell is available to help you with Haskell-related
> issues, but otherwise please treat it like any other package you’d
> maintain.

Understood.  I just came here looking for someone who'd be interested in
sponsoring and I don't see it as a team upload.  I'm motivated to keep
the package updated myself.

Thanks again.

Sean