Re: [Pkg-haskell-commits] darcs: haskell-exceptions: New upsteam release

Hi,

let’s keep this discussion on the list.

Am Montag, den 20.04.2015, 10:14 +0300 schrieb Dmitry Bogatov:
> > > About package-plan. I am actually have problems with it.
> > > [...]
> > > 1. complains loudly and a lot about:
> > >
> > > 	E: read, still have 733 to read but none left
> > > 	grep-aptavail: apt-cache dumpavail:2: expected a colon.
> >
> > Weird, never seen that. Looks like a problem with apt. Did you run
> > apt-get update? Do you have apt-src lines in your sources.list?
>
> Yes, you was right. I missed src repositories, but even with them
> I receive
>
> 	grep-dctrl: -:1: expected a colon.

Weird, never seen that. Can you try the commands
$ apt-cache -t experimental dumpavail | grep-dctrl -F GHC-Package . -s GHC-Package -n
and
$ apt-cache -t experimental dumpavail | grep-dctrl -F Package -s Version -n -X happy
and see if that shows the problem? If so, you can debug it from there.

> Okay, than what branch should I use? I tried ghc-7.8, it
> outputs less errors, but still seems I do it wrong:
>
> 	Cabal install failed:
> 	cabal: Could not resolve dependencies:
> 	next goal: cabal-debian (user goal)
> 	rejecting: cabal-debian-4.27, 4.26, 4.25 (global constraint requires
> 	(==4.24.9))
> 	trying: cabal-debian-4.24.9
> 	trying: Cabal-1.22.1.1/installed-e76... (dependency of
> 	cabal-debian-4.24.9)
> 	trying: djinn-ghc-0.0.2.3 (user goal)
> 	next goal: ghc (dependency of djinn-ghc-0.0.2.3)
> 	rejecting: ghc-7.8.4/installed-91d... (conflict:
> 	Cabal==1.22.1.1/installed-e76..., ghc =>
> 	Cabal==1.18.1.5/installed-647...)
> 	Dependency tree exhaustively searched.
> 	Running cabal-install (group new-cabal)...
> 	31 error(s) in total.

Looks like you have libghc-cabal-dev installed. Try running it without
any lib-foo-dev packages installed – since you run it in docker anyways,
that should be possible.

Ah, but I see a problem: cabal-install now depends on libghc-cabal-dev.
Hmpf. It worked for me as I had cabal-install 0.20 installed

I’ll see if I can find Daniel’s (not Sven’s) mail about telling cabal to
use an empty package database....

Indeed, that works quite nicely! Looks like it is no longer needed to
run it in a clean environment. It still requires the "right" version of
ghc, though. Can you pull (branch ghc-7.8) and see if it works for you
now?

✓

> Also, just a thought. Would not it be great to make a native debian
> package out of all out tools and scripts? It is annoying to discover
> by-hand that I need another perl library.

Good idea!  Feel free to create such a package for the test-packages.pl
script. Although we need a better name for it then. Possibly
haskell-package-plan.