Re: Problems using Yesod on Debian Jessie

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 17.06.2015, 07:41 -0430 schrieb Ernesto Hernández
-Novich:
> On Wed, 17 Jun 2015 08:36:28 +0200
> Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > Am Mittwoch, den 17.06.2015, 00:09 +0000 schrieb Clint Adams:
> > >
> > > That's a bug.
> >
> > and one that we hope is fixed in unstable, and enforced by some
> > tooling.
>
> Looks like the bug it's the hardcoded versions are incorrect. Since it
> doesn't offer new functionality nor imposes version upgrades, I believe
> it is a valid candidate for a jessie point-upgrade

You suggest to change the version ranges of the project files produced
by "yesod init", to match what’s in stable?

That might work, but be sure to actually test if these versions go well
together. The current "yesod init" works fine together with cabal
install and getting the versions as specified by upstream from hackage,
and we should avoid introducing regressions if we diverge from that
package selection.