Darcs and tag/commit signing

Hi all,

Given the recent discussions on d-devel about tag/commit signing in Git,
I looked a bit to see if Darcs supports anything like this. I was
surprised to learn that Darcs only supports signing for a completely
different purpose (patch transport), and no way to verify history.

Do I misunderstand the situation with Darcs? If not, are we bothered by
this deficiency in Darcs, and could we do something about it? I don't
know much about the Darcs model and whether it makes sense to 'sign' a
darcs tag, therefore I'm asking.

thanks,
iustin