Re: hardening-no-relro

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 10.03.2015, 15:36 +0300 schrieb Dmitry Bogatov:
> * Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> [2015-02-26 10:53:07+0100]
> > Note that usually, this flag is not added explicitly in the packaging,
> > but rather introduced by using the values from "dpkg-buildflags". We
> > could try to do the same in haskell-devscripts.
>
> Seems I found way. Take a look at patch in haskell-devscripts repository.

Thanks. I’m a bit worried by

+               --ghc-options="-optl$$(dpkg-buildflags --get LDFLAGS)" \

Does this still work if one day
$ dpkg-buildflags --get LDFLAGS
returns multiple parameters separated by spaces?

Does it work if dpkg-buildflags returns nothing?

It seems that you will want to take each option returned by
"dpkg-buildflags --get LDFLAGS", prepend -optl to it, combine that and
pass it to  --ghc-options. Or alternatively, for each option $opt
returned by dpkg-buildflags --get LDFLAGS, pass
        --ghc-option=-optl$opt
to configure.

Did you test this change? Does loading code into GHCi still work?