Re: Request For Sponsorship

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 20.11.2014, 10:39 -0600 schrieb Christopher Reichert:
> What is the process for haskell package sponsorship?

we usually avoid sponsorship in the narrow sense. If you want to
contribute, you become a member of the team, maintain the packages you
care about, but without a strict sense of ownership, and the DDs in the
team do the actual uploads.

The process are sketched at
https://wiki.debian.org/Haskell/CollabMaint/Processes

To join the group, you can request membership on alioth.

> I would like to have a mentor help me package the `network-conduit-tls'
> library. I have already done some of the work, and successfully built
> the packages using the pkg-haskell/tools and pbuilder.

Nice.

> My goal is to package Keter, a web server built on Warp and designed for
> continuous deployment. I personally use Keter and I have committed
> upstream patches, I plan to do more upstream work on it in the future. I
> would personally find it very useful to have this package in Debian and
> I think I would be a good candidate to do the work.

Sounds convincing, application accepted :-)

> I have already attempted to build packages for Keter as well. The only
> problem I ran into was the the dependency on network-conduit-tls.
> network-conduit-tls is a smaller package which could also be a good
> introduction to Debian packaging for me as well.
>
> As I mentioned, I have already started the network-conduit-tls packaging
> work (hopefully correctly). I will hold off discussing my exact steps
> and issues until I understand the team process a bit better.

 * get an account on alioth
 * request pkg-haskell membership
 * upload your packaging to darcs.debian.org
 * get feedback on that (or get it uploaded straight away :-))