Re: hledger and hledger-web packages for raspbian

Hi everyone,

Am Mittwoch, den 19.11.2014, 20:55 +0000 schrieb peter green:
> >>   Not being built due to unsatisfiable build dependency on
> >> "ghc-ghci". This is the same status as on debian armel and armhf.
> >>
> >> My understanding is that ghc-ghci is a virtual package which is
> >> provided by ghc on some but not all platforms representing a feature
> >> (some kind of "interactive environment")of ghc that is available on
> >> some but not all platforms.

Correct.

> MMM, I came across that post from 2012 too but I also came across more
> recent posts saying ghci isn't supported on arm. I guess it either broke
> or never quite worked properly.

Correct. There was some support for ghci on arm, but it wasn’t working
well and disabled it in Debian in 7.6.3:

  * Disable GHCi on arm, as it is severly borken (for more information see
    http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/7794)

Maybe things have improved in 7.8 (currently in experimental). We could
use some manpower dedicated to testing this, hunting down upstream
patches and trying them out. Unfortunately, the current 7.8 package does
not even build on arm:
https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=ghc&suite=experimental
and every developer trying to fix it gave up, mostly because the long
build times make it so annoying.

Maybe there are people out there in the Raspbian community who care for
ghc (not just ghci!) on arm and would like to fix these problems before
they migrate to Raspbian? You’d be welcome to join the Debian Haskell
Group!