Re: Cannot Install GHC Dailies From deb.haskell.org

On Sun, Nov 16 2014, Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Am Sonntag, den 16.11.2014, 10:38 -0600 schrieb Christopher Reichert:
>> I also use the latest build from time to time and in the past it has
>> installed and upgraded without issue. I just got a new laptop and added
>> the following to my /etc/apt/sources.list file (I'm on unstable):
>
> The problem might be that you are on oldstable, and these packages are
> built for stable – although there is libffi5-3.0.9 in oldstable. What
> does "apt-get install libffi5" say?

Do you mean unstable? If not, I might be a bit confused. It does make
sense that I would have issues if they are built for stable, however.

That said, there does seem to be some evidence of a libffi5. Here is the
output:

------ console output -------
# apt-get install libffi5
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package libffi5 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source

E: Package 'libffi5' has no installation candidate

# apt-cache show libffi5
N: Can't select versions from package 'libffi5' as it is purely virtual
N: No packages found
------ console output -------

My other computer (unstable), which I configured the same way as my
laptop, has libffi5-3.0.10-3 is installed but it's possible I was able
to install it some time ago.

Thanks for the help!

--
Christopher Reichert