Re: Moving to experimental?

Hi,

Am Montag, den 10.11.2014, 19:57 +0000 schrieb Clint Adams:
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 08:50:33PM +0100, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > with jessie frozen, and unstable meant to be the gateway to jessie, we
> > are basically frozen in unstable as well.
> >
> > But if we don’t want to completely fall dormant, we should continue
> > working in experimental. This also forces us to package for 7.8, which
> > is presumably a good thing :-)
>
> In order to make a python-hopenpgp, I'd need all hOpenPGP dependencies
> as .so or _pic.a files.  How could we do this?

scary. Probably needs dynamic packages finally. Note that this would
include python-hopenpgp in the Haskell package versioning hell, and thus
expose that to users.

But if you dare to do it, you should create libghc-foo-dyn support in
haskell-devscripts, building with -dynamic-too and putting the .so files
in that file, and also generating the right dependencies. Or something
like that – I have not done that yet.