Re: Packages becoming uninstallable in jessie?

[ What follows was witnessed from a distance, this might be incorrect. ]

Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> (2014-08-22):
> we all know that Haskell packages tend to become uninstallable in
> unstable, but until now I thought that britney will ensure that
> installable packages in testing stay installable.
[…]
> Any idea how this might have happened? Maybe autoremovals? But I don’t
> see an autoremoval of, say, hint.

While working on getting Perl into shape it was noticed some packages
were becoming uninstallable, while they were not. This led to a bug fix
about uninstallability computation. I suspect the opposite might have
been true (consdering packages installable while they were becoming
uninstallable).

  http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=mirror/britney2.git;a=commitdiff;h=ef456597971acacc9c38c48e49ca7829614f5440

I don't know britney enough to be sure so I can only guess the above.
Hopefully someone with more expertise (Adam, Niels?) will confirm/infirm
as appropriate.

Mraw,
KiBi.