Re: lens build failures

Dear Edward,

thanks for your interest in the state of the Debian packages. Please
allow me to move this to the corresponding mailing list

Am Freitag, den 25.04.2014, 22:23 -0400 schrieb Edward Kmett:
> I'm going through trying to cleanup build failures across my packages
> on various platforms.

> We're starting to investigate what it takes to eliminate the need for
> TH to build lens itself to faciitate stage1 builds.
>
> I noticed in
>
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=haskell-lens
>
> that it complains about missing Data.Reflection on a few platforms.
>
> Is there something done locally in debian that is dropping that
> dependency?
>
> What else can I do to help you folks out?

indeed we have applied a few patches locally, you can find them, for
example, here:
http://sources.debian.net/src/haskell-lens/4.1.2-1/debian/patches

The first one is where we disable TH-related features, so that it can be
built on non-TH architectures. Judging from the build failures you
mention, this patch is not up-to-date any more

If you can make lens build without TH out of the box we’d be very happy,
less delta in Debian (which, as we can see right now, easily breaks).